Thursday, June 16, 2011

a not very Vegan post


For my sister Sommer's birthday I decided to make her something we've always joked about, but never attempted, the rare and coveted Bacon Explosion.

To create one of these beast you need, 2 lbs of bacon, 2lbs of ground pork and an entire bottle of BBQ sauce.
  1. Season your pork, I asked my mom what I should put in this, she suggested 1 egg, some bread crumbs, greek seasoning, black pepper and salt.
  2. Cook 5 pieces of bacon to be used as crumbly crispy bits on the inside of the loaf
  3. Spread out the ground pork and add the cooked bacon and some of the BBQ sauce, then form it into the loaf shape
  4. WEAVE YOUR BACON. make a beautiful bacon blanket to gingerly wrap around your pork loaf
  5. Place bacon blanket on top of loaf (this was really hard for me because my blanket kept falling apart) then add lots of BBQ sauce
  6. Bake until middle of loaf reaches 160 degrees
Obviously I didn't try it, but it was a big hit at the party! We served it with canned quail eggs, and I thought it was weird that people would rather eat this 5,000 calorie monster than the cutest hard boiled eggs in the world.

2 comments: