Sunday, June 12, 2011

HAUL

So the first thing isn't even from a thrift store or yard sale, I was helping my mom clean her garage today and she gave me this beautiful Mexican casserole...clay....bowl...thing.  I don't really know what to do with it because I'm pretty sure I can't cook anything in it, I guess I can use it as a very large tortilla warmer.
From yard sales I got:
  • a beautiful crystal looking bowl from a yard sale (5 dollars),
  • 5 large keys to hang on my walls (3 dollars for set),  
  • this creepy Creepy CREEPY pin of a fancy lady in fur (I think this is real fur and it makes it even more creepy) 
  • and....THE MOST BEAUTIFUL LAMP IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the best part? IT WAS FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
from thrift stores I got: 
  • these 70's style floral tins (50 cents) 
  • new gray purse (2$)
  • the necklace I was wearing in my Sac Pride post (7$) 
  • a new tank for my turtle, (15$) It's shaped like a square and I don't know how many gallons it is, he lives in a 10 gallon right now because he's only the size of a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup (I used this for comparison because boyfriend left his wrappers on the table)
I also bought this really great old KSX Super 35mm camera for 40$. I would probably never normally pay 40$ for ANYTHING but I bought it because my brother-in-law was going to sell it at his yard sale and it was his dad's before he died and I knew he didn't want to sell it to a stranger.
but I have a confession, I am not a camera junkie,
I know A LOT of bloggers are camera masters but I don't know anything about them, I've never had a nice camera before, I've never even used one that takes film. I'm hoping I can learn how to operate this without feeling like a complete failure. I want to be able to pull out my camera and take a picture of something that needs to be documented, and be excited to get the film developed because I can't even remember all the photos I took :)

3 comments:

  1. that crystal bowl is epic! and I relly love the keys, are they antique? p.s your camera collection has begun! lol may the force be with you!! (it's addictive) :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, that crystal bowl is crazy cool! It reminds me of the old superman movies!

    Let me know if you have any questions about the camera, I'm a photography teacher, and we use 35mm!

    The top 2 most common errors:
    Remember to set your ISO/ASA to match your film speed (100 is good for outside, 400 for shooting inside) It will say on the outside of the box of film that you buy.

    After taking all of your pictures, you have to press the film release button on the bottom of the camera to rewind it. If you force it, you will break the film inside the camera.

    Good luck, let me know if you need help!!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments guys :) I don't know if they're antiques Chloe but they're made out of metal and kind of heavy? lol so maybe.

    Thank you so much Nikkibit!! I'll let you know when I start using it, I found a manual online but it's confusing.

    ReplyDelete